Scientist, PHD, M.SC., B.SC.(OT), B.SC.
Born and raised in Montreal, Dr. Skye Barbic is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy at the University of British Columbia (UBC), where she completed her second postdoctoral fellowship.
Dr. Barbic completed her first postdoctoral fellowship at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto, where she developed a comprehensive measure of personal recovery for people with serious mental health conditions such as schizophrenia.
- Associate Professor, Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, UBC
- The question is not what young people are doing wrong, it is how they are carrying such a heavy burden (Vancouver Sun, March 2021)
- Staying happy while staying home: Lessons from occupational therapy (Vancouver Sun, March 2020)
- New employment support system coming to Downtown Eastside (CTV News, August 2019)
- Mental health rehabilitation through the patient lens (UBC Faculty of Medicine News, February 2015)