SCIENTIST, BSC(PHARM), PHARMD
Dr. Ricky Turgeon received his BSc(Pharm) in 2012 from the Dalhousie University College of Pharmacy, his ACPR from the Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services Residency Program in 2013, and his PharmD in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences at UBC in 2015.
- Heart failure pharmacotherapy
- Acute coronary syndromes / myocardial infarction
- Cardiovascular risk reduction (lipid-lowering therapy, anti-platelet therapy)
- Cardiovascular safety of medications
- Drug effectiveness
- Evidence-based practice
- Shared decision making
- Point-of-care decision aids/decision support tools
- Knowledge translation/implementation
- Risk calculators/clinical prediction tools
- Pharmacist scope of practice
- Clinical assessment/physical examination
He then completed a two-year post-doctoral fellowship with Drs. Glen Pearson and Sheri Koshman at the University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (Division of Cardiology) in 2018.
Currently, Dr. Turgeon is an assistant professor (tenure-track) at the UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences; and clinical pharmacy specialist at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Dr. Turgeon is also a research supervisor at UBC Graduate School
- Assistant Professor, Greg Moore Professorship in Clinical & Community Cardiovascular Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UBC