Scientist Emeritus, MD, M.HSC.
Dr. Peter Dodek is Professor Emeritus at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
- Patient safety in critical care—incidence, determinants, role of organizational culture and worker fatigue
- Moral distress in ICU personnel—causes, consequences, solutions
- Family satisfaction in critical care—role of organizational culture
- Outcomes of critical care—role of organizational factors, age, sex, race
- Clinical practice guidelines in critical care—development, implementation, and evaluation
He graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto (1978) and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Harbor-UCLA Hospital (1981), and his fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (1984). He also completed a Master of Health Science in the Department of Health Care and Epidemiology at UBC (now the School of Population and Public Health) (1995).
- Chair, Critical Care Working Group
- Professor Emeritus, Division of Critical Care, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, UBC