Geoffrey William Cundiff
Scientist, MD, FACOG, FACS, FRCSC
Dr. Geoffrey Cundiff is currently a Professor and Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
- Epidemiology of pelvic floor disorders
- Outcomes research for treatment of pelvic floor disorders
- Anatomy and surgical education
- Prevention of maternal obstetrical trauma
Dr. Cundiff’s clinical practice, based at the Centre for Pelvic Floor, is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders. He previously held the Dr. Victor Gomel Professorship of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Dr. Cundiff received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 1989 and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas in 1993. After completing a fellowship in Urogynaecology and Endoscopy at Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland, and a second in Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery at Duke University Medical Center in Durham North Carolina, he has been actively involved in academic medicine. His first was at Duke University and then Johns Hopkins Institutes of Health, before coming to the University of British Columbia. His clinical and research interests focus on women’s health issues such as epidemiology of pelvic floor disorders, outcomes research for treatments of pelvic floor disorders, anatomy and surgical education, and prevention of maternal obstetrical trauma, and surgical education.
Dr. Cundiff actively participates and has held leadership positions in international organizations dedicated to his field, including the American Urogynecologic Society and the International Urogynecologic Association. He has published more than 150 articles, four books, and many medical illustrations. He presents research findings worldwide and has lectured before the World Health Organization, the International Continence Society, and the International Urogynecologic Association. He is also active in global health and has taught and performed surgery at hospitals through Asia, Africa, and South America. He is a Guest Professor at Zheijiang University in Hangzhou China.
- Professor and Head, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UBC
- Regional Head, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Providence Health Care, Vancouver
- Coastal Health, Children’s and Women’s Health Centre of British Columbia
- Dr. Victor Gomel Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Scientist, Women’s Health Research Institute