SCIENTIST, MD, FRCPC, MBA
Dr. Tara Sedlak received her Doctor of Medicine, Internal Medicine Residency, and Cardiology residency from the University of British Columbia.
- Microvascular coronary dysfunction
- Coronary vasospasm
- Non-obstructive coronary artery disease
- Sex-specific risk factors for women
She also completed a fellowship at Cedar Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles, California on women’s heart health particularly focussing on chest pain syndromes in women with no significant coronary artery disease.
Dr. Tara Sedlak practices General Cardiology at Vancouver General Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital and is the director of the Leslie Diamond Women’s Heart Health Clinic. Her research interests include etiologies of myocardial infarction and chest pain in women with normal coronary arteries and therapeutic strategies in microvascular coronary dysfunction and coronary vasospasm. She is currently the chair of the advocacy working group for the Canadian Women’s Heart Health Alliance.
- Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, UBC
- Cardiologist, Vancouver General and BC Women’s Hospitals
- Director, Leslie Diamond Women’s Heart Health Clinic, VGH