John A. Staples
SCIENTIST, MD, FRCPC, FACP, MPH
Dr. John Staples is an academic General Internist based at Vancouver General Hospital and a Clinical Associate Professor at UBC.
- Traffic injury
- Hospital readmissions
After graduating from medical school at the University of Alberta, he completed a residency and fellowship in General Internal Medicine (UBC), a Masters of Public Health (Harvard University), a New England Journal of Medicine Editorial Fellowship, and a Health Services Research Fellowship (Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto).
His research interests include traffic safety and medical risk factors for injury.
Prospective Graduate Students: Dr. Staples will consider co-supervision of graduate students in Experimental Medicine for the upcoming academic year. Please refer to graduate admissions for details.
- Clinical Associate Professor, University of British Columbia
- It’s Halloween. Beware Urban Legends (and Cars) (New York Times, October 2019)
- Trick-or-treating kids at increased risk of traffic fatality (Reuters, October 2018)
- Driving high on B.C.’s highways: Can cops catch cannabis DUIs? (Metro News, February 2018)
- Fatal crashes Happen More Often Than Usual on 4/20, Study Finds (Time, February 2018)