SCIENTIST, PHD, MA
Dr. Bohdan Nosyk is a professor in the Faculty of Health Sciences at Simon Fraser University. Nosyk holds a master’s degree in economics and a doctorate in public health, with a concentration in health economics, both from the University of British Columbia.
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
- Equity in healthcare access
- Methods for causal inference
- Health system performance measurement
Dr. Nosyk’s research seeks to inform complex policy decisions surrounding the prevention and management of HIV/AIDS and substance use disorders. He has led population-level evaluations in these disease areas in China, in the state of California and across urban centers in the US, and locally in British Columbia. He combines simulation modeling methods and cost-effectiveness analyses with econometric and biostatistical analyses of health administrative data to address these issues.
- Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Statistics and Actuarial Sciences, Simon Fraser University