Scientist, MD, MS
Dr. Oron Frenkel completed his MS and MD simultaneously at the University of California Joint Medical Program in Berkeley and San Francisco.
- Point-of-care ultrasound use in the emergency department and critical care
- Multimodal pain control in the emergency department
- Medical humanities, ethics, and medical anthropology
He moved to British Columbia with the goal of the increasing use of point-of-care ultrasound across the province, especially among rural practitioners. Based out of St. Paul’s Hospital and the UBC Department of Emergency Medicine, Dr. Frenkel is interested in evaluating best teaching methods for disseminating this technology, how to measure competency in its practice, its effects on outcomes for individual patients, and improvements in systemic resource allocation and management.
- Director, Point-Of-Care Ultrasound, Department of Emergency Medicine, St. Paul’s Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, UBC