Dr. John Gill is a Professor of Medicine at the University of British Columbia Division of Nephrology, St. Paul’s Hospital.
- Clinical outcomes in kidney transplant patients
- Access to kidney transplantation
- Living donor transplantation
- Cardiovascular risk in transplant patients
John completed his medical training in 2000 (BSc 1990 UBC, MD 1995 UBC, Internal Medicine 1998 UWO, Nephrology 2000 UBC) and completed a Master’s degree in clinical care research at Tuft’s University in Boston (2002).
He is an active researcher whose interests include clinical outcomes in kidney transplantation, access to care, clinical trials and health services research. John is supported by a CIHR Foundation Award and received the Established Clinical Investigator Award from the American Society of Transplantation in 2017. John is consulting Editor of the American Journal of Transplantation, Associate Editor of Journal of the American Society of Nephrology and President-elect of the American Society of Transplantation (2021), the first Canadian to serve in this role.
- Professor, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, UBC
- Vice-President, Canadian Organ Replacement Register